Red Sauce Revolution @ Frankie and Benny's* // Food



It's no secret, I love food. Especially Italian. So it's no surprise that when one of the biggest high street Italian chains Frankie & Benny's contacted me last week, asking me to try their new Red Sauce revolution menu, I said yes.

The red Sauce revolution menu is a range just launched by Frankie & Benny's on the fourth of August which combines vibrant stateside flavours with Italian classics. The menu is quite large and there's definitely something in it for everyone.

I'll admit, I'd never actually been to Frankie and Benny's before. Despite there being a branch quite close by I'd never really paid it any attention. So an excuse to go was great. We went to the Glasgow Fort branch, which isn't my closest but is possibly on of the bigger ones close to me. I'd like to apologise for the photos in this post, Frankie & Benny's had tiny tables and dull lighting which made photographing my scran almost impossible!

Upon arrival I noticed that it was packed. Like seriously heaving with people - I know this is a good sign, but my god it was hectic. We hadn't booked before hand and only had to wait roughly fifteen minutes for a table, which isn't bad considering how packed it was. We ordered some drinks and out starters shortly after and the waiter seemed happy to help, but they took a good while to arrive at our table!



I ordered the potato skins as a starter, which isn't from the red sauce revolution menu sadly, but there wasn't anything I could see that really struck me on the starters menu. I got the Goats cheese and homemade bruchetta variation and they were to die for,  Emma got the chicken strips which came with the nicest red french dressing - it was so good, the plates were cleared.




A short while later our mains arrived. I went all out. I ordered the Manhattan Waffle burger which, I may add was totally out of this world and came with some gorgeous fries, which were served in the cutest paper bag - loved it! The barbeque sauce was pretty sweet which went so well with both the waffle and the burger and the buns! Don't get me started on the buns. Emma got the Cheese burger, which she also gave her compliments. By the end of our mains we were unbelievably full, but I insisted for the purpose of the review we MUST have a desert, so we decided to share one of the Red sauce revolution Cinnamon Waffle crunch.



Now, the Cinnamon Waffle crunch was insane. I can't put into words how the chewy texture of the waffle paired with the smooth ice-cream and toffee crumbs complimented each other. But they did. It was the perfect mixture of textures and flavours and I never expected it to be as good as it was. If I could recommend one course for today, it would have to be this. GET IT.



The food was great, in total it came to roughly £34 I'm sure. Which is great value for money considering we had three courses and unlimited drinks, and it's a place which I'd definitely recommend. The only issue we did face was serious waiting times for food which was annoying, but this is something which you come to expect of a popular restaurant!

Thanks to Frankie and Benny's for inviting us along to try the new menu!
You can see Frankie and Benny's Menu here or at any branch!
Ps. I love learning Italian in the toilets!




* The meal discussed within this post was gifted to myself for the purpose of the review.
 All views are still my own, please refer to my disclosure page for any more information.

8 comments:

  1. That cinammon crunch waffle looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to find educated people in this particular subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about! Thanks apple itunes login

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food - none of us can go without it! But how does the way in which we think about food impact our diet? Are you someone who just sees food as body fuel, or do the different tastes, textures and nutritional values of food excite you? Cow Ghee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food - none of us can go without it! But how does the way in which we think about food impact our diet? Are you someone who just sees food as body fuel, or do the different tastes, textures and nutritional values of food excite you? authentic mexican recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food - none of us can go without it! But how does the way in which we think about food impact our diet? Are you someone who just sees food as body fuel, or do the different tastes, textures and nutritional values of food excite you? giống chanh không hạt

    ReplyDelete
  6. These synthetic compounds become mixed up in the gigantic rundown of fixings. Commonly individuals will eat the food and overlook the threats. Typically they simply don't have any desire to, or don't have the opportunity to research each fixing. whole 30 approved foods

    ReplyDelete
  7. The list of raw foods included on the raw food diet includes fruits, vegetables, sprouts, and even a few processed food items such as kimchee and raw nut butter. These foods are great by themselves and can be combined to create scrumptious meals. cultured organic ghee

    ReplyDelete

© 2015 A Girl Called Glasgow ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE