I got drunk in a museum: Riverside Festival


It's not every day you get to say you got drunk in a museum. Actually, even saying it out loud sounds a little wrong - like bending book corners. But I did it, and I wasn't up to trouble, it was for this year's Electric Frog Riverside festival.



When I heard about the event I knew I had to go. I've always loved the transport museum (although I will forever argue the previous version was a lot better!) and my favourite part has always been the model street. How amazing could having a street party in a 1900's street inside a museum be? Exactly that, amazing. 


It was genuinely breathtaking. When we arrived it was empty - It was so exciting running around in the night lighting looking at the 1990's replicated shops and subway, and what made it even better was that some of the shops were actually open and functioning. There was a photographer's with a time inspired photo booth, a hat store, two real pubs and an old fashioned sweet shop.


As the night went on it became visibly more crowded and by the end of the night the street was full of people in funky hats with bottles of beer and sherbet lemons in hand dancing the night away, the subway was full of people laughing and having a great time as well.


 It genuinely was magical to see. We eventually couldn't get a seat so decided to perch on a doorstep on the street. It was lovely just taking a minute to sit down and take in the surroundings. It's something I'm not sure I'll ever get to witness again, but I'll definitely never forget.





Sorry for the low-quality photos on this post - I was having too much fun to take great ones!
Did you go? Do you wish you did? Let me know!



3 comments:

  1. Such a cool event, I want to go to a museum late which offers alcohol as they're so much more fun haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous event, I would love to go to an event like this in a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome event, great photos too!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© 2015 A Girl Called Glasgow ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE