Four secrets to Flawless all day makeup // Beauty


Polaroid camera, Loreal makeup, NYX



I work as a barista (as I've mentioned a million times before) and with that comes long days gabbing away to the public in a hot environment typically with steam in my face, and coffee everywhere. That kind of situation is tough for makeup to contend with, so over the last year, I've been trying to master that stay all day makeup combination. Something that will still look good enough to go on a date with after a ten-hour shift on the bar. And I've cracked it.


Day after day, customers comment on how my makeup still looks so fresh even at silly o'clock, and I'm not cocky, it's genuinely the truth. I'm constantly being asked what the secret is, so I thought it was time to spill the coffee beans. So, are are my four products which keep me flawless all day long. 

Let's base it...

1. I start by covering my face in a good old coating of the L'Oreal Infallible primer. The feeling once this product once it is applied to the skin, reminds me fondly of the Benefit Porefessional which I actually love, but can't deal with the price tag of. The Infallible primer seems to give a good, pore filling base to the face which I find holds everything together pretty well - and tubes of it last forever! 

A good foundation goes a long way...

2. Like many others, I totally swear by the Estee Lauder Double wear foundation. Since trying it, I've never been able to look at anything else. The staying power of this foundation is second to none, how it can stay flawless on my face all day in the sweltering humid heat is beyond me. I apply the foundation with a damp beauty blender and tend to spend a good few minutes going over and over my skin until all the foundation is pressed properly into my skin.  I genuinely think if you're looking for staying power you need to invest when it comes to foundations regarding both price and time pressing it correctly into your skin. Even thinned down with moisturiser for a sheerer look, Double wear still stays all day.

Loreal Makeup, Estee Lauder

Set it real good...

3. Number three is a cheapish version of a cult favourite. It's the NYX HD finishing powder. Dubbed a dupe of the Makeup forever HD powder, the super fine powder keeps me totally crease free and super flawless all day. I pat a tiny amount of this into my under eyes, nose and mouth with my favourite Zoeva brush instantly after concealing to ensure it stays there all day long!


Spray don't stray! 
4. Finally, the final product and it's another L'Oreal number. The Infallible 24hour setting spray! I have to say I was super sceptical when I bought this, I never thought it would do much but it was a trusty old Superdrug three for two so I grabbed it anyway, and  I'm so glad I did because it works. There's not much else I can say, I spray my face all over after I've done my base and eyeshadow, but before mascara and eyeliner and it keeps everything in place all day. Like it promises!


So there you have it. My top four products for an all day flawless complexion! 
Have you tried any of these products? Or are you keen to? Let me know!





1 comment:

  1. Definitely need to check out the fixing mist.. I don't know why I'm skeptical about them ^^ I just think: something wet can't help keep makeup on, but since so many people say it works...

    x

    K.

    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ReplyDelete

© 2015 A Girl Called Glasgow ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE