Maybe I was wrong...I do like pizza: Lunch at Paesano.



I don't really love pizza. I don't get the hype, I never have maybe I never will. So you'll probably understand why I didn't rush to try Paesano. It's another pizza joint I thought, another pizza joint I won't be overwhelmed by I thought. WRONG, BABY GIRL YOU WERE WRONG.

Situated down on Miller street it's away from the hustle and bustle of Argyle Street and George Square, but stupidly close by making it the perfect pre-party snack stop. Inside I loved the aesthetic, it's got that rustic-yet-modern style which is becoming seriously popular these days, and even a neon sign but I was adamant that I wasn't going to let the decor sway me. This review was about the food.


I was surprised that for a pizza parlour there was so few options, eight to be precise. But I've learned that this is a sign of good pizza. I opted for number 5: Prosciutto Cotto (Italian Ham) with portobello mushrooms, Tomato sugo, mozzarella cheese, thyme and evoo and my friend ordered number 6: Roasted red peppers, Tomato sugo, Spinach, Mozzarella, Ricotta and evoo. And six minutes later - they were here. BAM.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in Paesano, it's quite loud, there's some bustle, and the staff and customers all seem to be having fun. The open plan layout is also great, and I really enjoyed being able to see the massive pizza ovens.




Now, as I'm not a pizza lover, I'm going to do it no justice in my description but the only way I can describe it was like a light, crisp naan bread, topped. I know, sounds awful but please, just believe me. I should probably just let the pictures do the talking.


Pictures do a much better job, don't they? I think it's also worth noting that for three drinks and two pizzas it was only £20. That's blooming cheaper than a soggy old dominoes. So there you have it. I like Pizza, well not quite. But I like Paesano Pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2015 A Girl Called Glasgow ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE